Tuesday, May 6, 2008

1984

Tonight I was going through my routine of blog checking. I went to Kate's blog and she had posted a darling baby picture of herself. It made me think of some pictures I have of Kate and Danna (Kate's sister). I have this really cute one of Kate, Danna, and I on the first day of kindergarten, but sadly it is missing from the album. I however have one of Kate and Danna on that same day, and a couple of Kate and I from my 5th birthday party. From looking at these pictures I noticed two things never change. One being I still often have strawberry shortcake for my birthday party dessert, and two I am not the least bit photogenic.





Oh, I almost forgot. I am so excited. This weekend Travis and I get to go to Portland Friday and Saturday. And this is the best part. NO KIDS!! As much as I will miss them I am really looking forward to spending time just the two of us. I don't think we have been away without the kids since I was seven weeks pregnant with Sawyer. And fighting off morning sickness. We are going to the temple of Saturday, but I was thinking that Friday night I would go by the new IKEA store in Portland. I wonder if it is worthwhile. Has anyone been? What do you think? I also have to fit in eating at PF Chang's and maybe California Kitchen. I wonder why all my trips revolve around food?!?

8 comments:

kate said...

OH MY HECK!!! What cute pictures! I had not seen them before. I showed my mom too. What fun memories! Thanks for sharing.

TJ said...

Okay, a)you ARE photogenic!! b)i hope you have a great time on your trip to Portland...it sounds like you deserve it! and c)if you've never been to IKEA at all, then you must go at least once for the experience. Some people love it, some people aren't really into it. We had one in Dallas and now there is one in Salt Lake City and I personally think it's fun to go walk around and check out the stuff. I can usually find at least one (sometimes 10) thing I "need" while I'm there. :)

Kylie said...

Cute Pictures!!
Ikea is totally worth it!!! I've heard some people say it isn't as good as Seattle's store, but I'm not one of those. The parking is much better and I have always come out with a full cart.
I always have lots of fun looking at the rooms they have set up to get good ideas.

Schagel Family said...

Way cute pictures. I love looking back at pictures.
I have only been to IKEA once and I thought it was a lot of fun. It is a massive store of furniture and stuff. Really cool. Have fun.

Karyn said...

I love Ikea! They have really fun home stuff at fabulous prices. It's a fun experience.

Red Bed Head said...

you look cute in those pictures, and all your trips revolve around food because there aren't any good places to eat around here!

Hethrjem said...

Wow, I remember when trips to Portland were a big deal and so exciting. A totally different world from Redmond. I would take my whole paycheck with me. Ikea is worth the stop.

kate said...

I like IKEA, we live practically down the street from the one in Draper here and Mac and I just bought a new dresser that looks just like one in the Pottery Barn catalog! But better priced!

Mac has mixed feelings though- he's thinks their stuff is cheaply made, but I disagree. The think about most IKEA furniture is, you have to assemble it yourself.