We just returned from a vacation to Florida and Georgia. We went with Travis's brother and his family. On our second day there we went to an island off the coast of Georgia called Cumberland Island. I have been wanting to go there since I read an article about it a couple of years ago. It is unlike any place I have been before. It has an extremely rich history. Most recently, it was the location where John F. Kennedy, Jr. and his wife were married, at the First African Baptist Church. Because you can't bring your car, there aren't any stores, and everywhere you go is by foot, it gives the island a very remote feeling. The island has an huge variety of animal life. We saw armadillos, wild turkeys, wild horses, and a huge variety of birds. Other animals that we didn't spot were alligators, snakes, turtles, and hogs. I also read that there are a lot of ticks on the island, which the thought of really freaks me out, but thankfully I didn't see any on the island or on us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the armidillo caption made me laugh, all three times I read it.
Post a Comment