My oldest daugh
ter is Felicity who is seven, and in the first grade. At the moment she is out of bed lecturing me that because I won't go lay by her while she falls asleep she feels she is no longer part of the family. This is a line she uses quite often if she feels thinks things are not going her way. She is so bright and I have to be very careful what I promise her, because she holds me to them and never forgets. Despite the challenges she sometimes poised for the first five years of her life, she is turing into such a responsible, helpful, and loving girl whose company I dearly enjoy.
My second daughter is Hannah, she will be five this March. From the moment she was born we felt she a was a special little girl with dimples to die for. Although, Hannah definitely dances to the beat of her own drummer. She will let me have absolutely nothing to do with her
daily wardrobe choices. Yesterday could be described as a somewhat frustrating experience. But sadly, not uncommon. She woke up determined to wear this barely there spring-like pink chiffony dress that is two sizes to big to her to preschool. I would be fine with such a choice if there weren't more snow outside then I have seen in 15 years, and the temperature is around 20 degrees. So after at least thirty minutes of bargaining she settles on a woven pink skirt, argyle tights of multiple colors, a stripped green and white sleeveless shirt, a bright pink athletic looking hoodie, pink cowgirl boots, a peacoat, ski gloves, and a fleece snow hat. Quite the sight and she couldn't be more thrilled. Bear in mind I was the type of mother with my first child who saw children dressed in such a manner and thought I will never let my kids dress like that. Well the day has come and its not as bad as I thought it would be. (Felicity still lets me help pick out clothes so that is of some comfort!) Hannah is profoundly deaf, and has a cochlear implant, we love the cochlear implant and feel they are nothing short of a miracle. If anyone knows of any blogs of parents of kids with an implant I would love to know. She is hearing so well with it, and her speech gets better everyday.
And lastly, Sawyer. A thrill from the moment we went and had a ultrasound. A boy! We were all thrilled. Felicity
was convinced he was a boy from the beginning. She called him Hayden Clay, and thought we should name him that. We very nearly did. Having a boy has been a lot of fun. He is sixteen months, and becoming quite the boy. Playing with a ball for my girls when they were little didn't hold much interest. For Sawyer it is this whole wonderful world. Lately everything has become a throwing object. He loves climbing up on the counter, going to the fruit bowl, and throwing all the fruit to the floor. He has started patting us on the back when we hug him, I just love that.
8 comments:
Yeah! I am so excited yo started a blog! Ok, your kids are so adorable! Felicity is gorgeous! Hannah is so cute & looks so much like you & Sawyer-what a cutie! I love your kids names, too. I am very excited to be able to keep up with your life more now.
yay brittany - i'm thrilled! good for you. your kids are so cute, but i don't need a blog to know that.
Britt- It looks great and so cute, I am jealous, We'll have to chat about how great blogs are at Nacho Sunday so that Kevin will maybe give in. Be sure to mention the whole no last name, locations thing. In my sleep I came up with a great blog name for us, and of course I forgot it.
Love ya,
Courtny
Hi Britt, so glad you got this thing stared! Your girls are so cute and Sawyer's quite the little man!
So blogging is like facebook for grownups. I can see a lot of problems coming from this. You can refer to me as Divo if you would like. I dont want to be stalked!
Brittany,
Hey, this is an awesome way to keep up with your family. You are doing an outstanding job, it looks wonderful. I hope that everything is going well for you. Talk to you later.
Melanie
Hey Britt -
I love it! I look forward to reading more! The kids are getting so big.
-Kylie
Hey Britt,
This is Shawn, do you remember me from Ricks? I got sucked into this blogging thing also. But, I love it. Your kids are so cute. I am so happy to see that you are doing so well.
Post a Comment